California Corporate Litigators and Business Attorneys
No matter how careful a business tries to be, sometimes it finds itself in court or in another type of contested proceeding, such as arbitration, mediation or administrative agency proceedings. That’s when the business needs a litigation attorney. If the case goes to trial, the same attorney can be the trial attorney.
Unfortunately, disputes can occur in any aspect of business and can draw the resources and attention of the company away from its core operations, negatively impacting the business. Bewley, Lassleben & Miller, LLP works with our client companies and businesses to seek quick, efficient resolution of disputes so that the company can return to its primary purpose.
Practical litigation solutions for more than 120 years
The business litigation and trial attorneys in the Business Law and Litigation group represent businesses in practically any type of commercial litigation matter. More than 120 years after its founding, our firm remains dedicated to offering practical, cost-effective solutions to even the most complex legal problems, including:
- Collections of debt that is owed but unpaid
- Defending against a claim for money that is not owed, for example, due to a breach of contract or other failure to provide goods and services
- Protecting against the theft or misuse of intellectual property
- Recovering possession of leased premises when commercial unlawful detainer occurs
- Foreclosing on collateral given to secure a debt
- Defending against employee claims of wrongful termination, unlawful discrimination, or sexual or other form of harassment.
- Compelling an insurer to provide coverage
- Recovering damages or obtaining specific performance in real estate disputes
- Enforcing rights as a shareholder, member of an LLC, or partner
- Recovering damages for defamation or trade libel, or defending against similar claims
- Bringing or defending against anti-SLAPP motions and malicious prosecution cases
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Preventing unfair competition
These are just some of the types of cases handled by the Business Law and Litigation group.
Our attorneys are admitted to practice in all of the trial and appellate courts of California, including United States District Courts for the four Districts in California, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. Contact Bewley, Lassleben & Miller with your business advice and litigation needs to keep you running your business capably and confidently.